Sorry, We're Closed

Monday, January 30, 2006

Pressure Drop

For my final show at Pressure Cafe, here's what I played.

O'Jays--Back Stabbers (R.I.P., songwriter Gene McFadden)
Arthur Alexander--Anna
Wilson Pickett--I'm Gonna Cry
Martin Denny--Quiet Village

Machito--Twist Changa
Willie Bobo--Do What You Wanna Do
Odell Brown & the Organizers--Mas Que Nada
Ray Charles--Busted
Billie Holiday--Let's Call the Whole Thing Off
Los Panchos--La Barca
Ramsey Lewis--1,2,3
Os Mutantes--Baby (1971 version)

Crystals--He's a Rebel
Five Stairsteps--Playgirl's Love
John Coltrane--Bakai
Aretha Franklin--Do Right Woman, Do Right Man
Velvelettes--Needle in a Haystack
Dusty Springfield--In the Land of Make Believe
Betty Lavette--Shut Your Mouth
Bettye Swann--The Heartache is Gone

Small Faces--Grow Your Own
New Dave Pike Set--Mathar
Googie Rene Combo--Wild Bird
Horace Silver--Song for My Father

Four Tops--Standing in the Shadows of Love
James Brown--Licking Stick, Licking Stick
Edwin Starr--Agent Double-O-Soul
Rodd Keith--I Take a Fancy to Nancy

Dave & Ansil Collins--Double Barrel
Beatles--Flying (mono mix)
Traffic--Coloured Rain
Byrds--It Won't Be Wrong
Saturday's Children--You Don't Know Better
Leaves--Too Many People
Peanut Butter Conspiracy--It's a Happening Thing
Buffalo Springfield--Pretty Girl Why
Knaves--The Girl I Threw Away
Monkees--While I Cry

Cream--I Feel Free
Solomon Burke--Home in Your Heart
Rex Garvin & the Mighty Cravers--Sock it to 'em, JB (Part 1)
Roland Alphonso--Phoenix City
Stairs--Mary Joanna
Rufus Thomas--Walkin' the Dog
Equals--Baby Come Back

Unknown--The 23rd Channel
Beatles--I Feel Fine
Booker T. & the MGs--Green Onions
Kinks--Everybody's Gonna Be Happy
Rock-a-Teens--Woo-Hoo
Bugs--Pretty Girl

Tim Hardin--Don't Make Promises
Bill Withers--Why Must the Same Love That Made Me Laugh Make Me Cry
Fleetwood Mac--Never Going Back Again
Joe Simon--The Chokin' Kind
Nina Simone--Since I Fell For You
Supremes--My World is Empty Without You

MC Honky--What a Bringdown
Ruby & the Romantics--Our Day Will Come
Astrud Gilberto--Summer Samba
Shangri-La's--Sophisticated Boom Boom


And so an era ends...huh. Thanks everyone who came out to see me at some point during these last few weeks.

Peace,
Stu

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home