Sorry, We're Closed

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Too Much Pressure, 1/15/05

Dragged my cold-ridden self out to play records and CDs tonight at Pressure, and was overjoyed to see so many friendly faces. Thank you so much, everyone, for coming by...

Here's what spun...


John Coltrane--Bakai
Johnny Hartman--Sleepin' Bee
Billie Holiday--Riffin' the Scotch
Horace Silver--Song for My Father
Herbie Hancock--The Thief/Martin Luther King--'I Have a Dream' speech
Inez Andrews--I'm Free

Timebox--Soul Sauce
Ramsey Lewis Trio--1,2,3
Ray Charles--Unchain My Heart
Etta James--What'd I Say
Otis Redding--Satisfaction
Al Wilson--The Snake
Nina Simone--Since I Fell For You

Jerry-O--Karate Boogaloo
Rodd Keith--I Take a Fancy to Nancy
Bee Gees--Every Second, Every Minute
Edwin Starr--Agent Double-O Soul
Brian Hyland--The Joker Went Wild

John Mayall w/the Bluesbreakers--I'm Your Witchdoctor
Chocolate Watch Band--Expo 2000
Monkees--Can You Dig It?
Walter Carlos--Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring

Willie Bobo--Do What You Wanna Do
O'Jays--Back Stabbers
Steely Dan--I Can't Function (a 1967 demo)
Main Ingredient--Just Don't Want to Be Lonely
Johnny Bristol--Hang on in There Baby
Cornelius Bros. & Sister Rose--Treat Her Like a Lady
MC Honky--The Baby That Was You

Crow--Cottage Cheese
Desmond Dekker & the Aces--Israelites
Curtis Mayfield--Future Shock
Terence Trent D'Arby--Sign Your Name
Southwest F.O.B.--Smell of Incense
Stu & Ted--Big Enough (rough mix)
Del-Vetts--That's the Way It Is
Beatles--A Hard Day's Night (outtake)
Mashmakhan--As Years Go By

Bar-Kays--Soul Finger
Cyril Neville--Gossip
Flamingos--I Only Have Eyes for You
Jackson 5--Who's Lovin' You?
Ben Webster--The Single Petal of a Rose
Roberta Flack--Feel Like Makin' Love
Real Pros--Rain on the Roof

Gestures--Run Run Run
Mana--Mariposa Traicionera
Specials--Rudi, a Message to You
Alan Moorhouse--Expo in Tokyo
Jimmy McGriff--I Got a Woman, Pt. 1
Rodd Keith--Squeaky Shoes
Manhattans--Manhattan Stomp
Jimmy Smith--Theme from 'Where the Spies Are'
Montclairs--Dreaming's Out of Season
Nightmares on Wax--Nights Introlude

Frank Kras then showed up with a bunch of CDs, and we rode out the evening with a bunch of good songs, most from the 80s!

Sinead O'Connor--Mandinka
Los Lobos--Don't Worry, Baby
Supergrass--Moving
Polecats--Make a Circuit with Me
Monroes--What Do All the People Know?
Richard Thompson--Read About Love
Adrian Belew--Oh Daddy
Elliott Smith--Bled White
Neko Case--Deep Red Bells

Thanks to everyone who came out, and to Frank for guest DJing! Remember, let me know if you want to guest DJ some Sunday.

Love and Peace,

Stu

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey.. what if I make up a mix cd and send it to you, and you can just play it and announce the songs (or I can be a REAL virtual DJ and make it up like a podcast)

Like.. a virtual DJ gig. Heh...

I have no idea when I'll be back in Chicago - probably when the weather warms up and I have less danger of flying in a plane that could skid off a runway at Midway.

My sister is pregnant with her second child, so I have to get back there before the second kid gets here.

Hopefully I can bring my boyfriend with me.

2:34 PM, January 18, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home