Sorry, We're Closed

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Pressure Playlist, 1/8/06

Thanks to everyone who came out for Soul Sunday! It was a rocking good time and seeing so many good friends was just icing on the cake.

Tell you what, though, I need some help. Four hours of playing records is a lot of work, and I'm tired. If anyone wants to come one of these Sundays and take over a set or so from me -- i.e., be a guest DJ, bringing your own records/CDs you want to play -- let me know.

I'm serious!! Your help is urgently needed, and your choices are urgently awaited!


Here's what went down tonight:

Bobby Angelle--Too Much for You
Herbie Hancock--Verushka, Pt. 1
Skatalites--Nimblefoot Ska
Ramsey Lewis--1,2,3
Meters--Cissy Strut
Bar-Kays--Knucklehead
Horace Silver--A Song for My Father

Jimmy McGriff--I Got a Woman (Pt. 1)
Beatles--Money
Georgie Fame--Beware of the Dog
Nina Simone--My Baby Just Cares for Me (live)
Machito--Twist Changa (Pt. 1)
Teri Summers and the Librettos--City Hospital's Patients
Etta James--Money (live)
Lou Rawls--Deadend Street Monologue/Deadend Street

Little Milton--Grits Ain't Groceries
Betty Lavette--Just Dropped in (To See What Condition My Condition Was In)
Marvin Gaye--I'll Be Doggone
Fontella Bass--Rescue Me
Light Nites--Same Old Thing

Johnny Cash--Get Rhythm
Shangri-La's--Sophisticated Boom Boom
Booker T. & the MG's--Green Onions
Flares--Foot Stomping
War--All Day Music

Supremes--You Keep Me Hangin' On
Electric Prunes--Get Me to the World On Time
Dora Hall--Satisfaction
Rolling Stones--Jumpin' Jack Flash
Cryan Shames--Ben Franklin's Almanac
Spencer Davis Group--I'm a Man

Byron & the Mortals--Do You Believe Me
Love--My Little Red Book
Peanut Butter Conspiracy--It's a Happening Thing
Stairs--Weed Bus
Jefferson Airplane--Somebody to Love
Monkees--Can You Dig It?
Avant Garde--Naturally Stoned
Os Mutantes--Ando Meio Desligado
Rod (sic) Keith & the Raindrops--Merry-Go-Down

Spacemen 3--Why Couldn't I See?
Chase--Get it On
Rosana--El Talisman
Selecter--Too Much Pressure
Roland Alphonso--Phoenix City
New Colony Six--I Confess
Rodd Keith--Ecstacy (sic) to Frenzy

Badfinger--Sometimes
Ray Charles--Mess Around
Bee Gees--In My Own Time
Kinks--Til the End of the Day
Amen Corner--High in the Sky
All the People Featuring Robert Moore--Cramp Your Style
George Baker Selection--Little Green Bag

Daft Punk--Something About Us
Michael & the Messengers--Up Til News
El Trio los Panchos--La Barca
Gestures--Run Run Run
Marvin Gaye--Can I Get a Witness?
It's All Meat--Feel It

Sensations--Let Me In
Nina Simone--Work Song
Jerry Lee Lewis--Money
Little Annie--Lean Lanky Daddy
Packers--Go 'Head On
Fifth Dimension--Carpet Man
Hollies--Tell Me to My Face
Madonna--Substitute for Love
Standells--Riot on Sunset Strip
Sade--Feel No Pain (Nellee Hooper remix)
Seefeel--Plainsong


Love and Peace,
Stu

P.S. Congratulations Kati and Rob on the birth of your second child, Zoe!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You gotta play Green Bullfrog's Ain't Nobody Home!!!!

3:56 PM, January 14, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home