Sorry, We're Closed

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Crazy Pressure Playlist 12/18-19

It was cold, damn it was cold.

But some very dear people came out to hear music Sunday 12/18 at Pressure Cafe yesterday. Thank you all for being such great friends, and my love to everyone who has encouraged me in this endeavor.

The 33s, 45s, and 0s & 1s spun themselves from around 8:15 PM until 12:30 A.M.:

Delfonics--La La Means I Love You
Kenny Burrell--Go Where I Send Thee
Googie Rene--Wild Bird
Georgie Fame--Beware of the Dog
Ventures--Santa Claus is Coming to Town
Groove Holmes--Groove's Groove
Horace Silver--Song for My Father
Odell Brown & the Organizers--Mas Que Nada

Rufus Thomas--Walking the Dog
Little Milton--Grits Ain't Groceries (All Around the World)
Sam the Sham & the Pharaohs--Ring Dang Doo
Kingsmen--I'll Go Crazy
Beatles--I'm Looking Through You (Anthology version)
Supremes--Love is Like an Itching in My Heart
Al Green--I Can't Get Next to You
Shangri-La's--Sophisticated Boom Boom
Rodd Keith--Atomic Wise
Two of Clubs--Walk Tall
Freda Payne--Band of Gold
Booker T. & the MGs--Hip Hug-Her
Marvin Gaye--I'll Be Doggone
Bettye Swann--Make Me Yours

Beach Boys--This Whole World
Buckinghams--I'll Go Crazy
Byrds--I'll Feel a Whole Lot Better
Gestures--Run Run Run
Johnny Cash--Get Rhythm
Rinky-Dinks--Hot Potato (Part 1)
Ventures--Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer
Vince Guaraldi--Linus and Lucy

Bill Withers--Ain't No Sunshine
Martha & the Vandellas--Jimmy Mack
Ray Charles--Mess Around
Chase--Get it On
The Art of Noise, featuring Tom Jones--Kiss
Bear Down, Chicago Bears
Juanes--A Dios Le Pido
dBs--Christmas Time
Big Star--When My Baby's Beside Me
New Colony Six--Cadillac/Rap-a-Tap

Buffalo Springfield--Pretty Girl Why
Peanut Butter Conspiracy--It's a Happening Thing
Spencer Davis Group--I'm a Man
Dora Hall--Satisfaction
Rolling Stones--Jumpin' Jack Flash
Amen Corner--High in the Sky
Jam--Going Underground
Prisoners--Melanie
XTC--This is Pop!
Selecter--Too Much Pressure
Desmond Dekker and the Aces--Israelites
Supremes--In and Out of Love
James Brown--I'll Go Crazy
Rosana--El Talisman
Zombies--She's Not There

Madonna--Substitute for Love
Modern Jazz Quartet--Dilemma
Vince Guaraldi--Christmas Time is Here
Daft Punk--Something About Us
George Baker Selection--Little Green Bag
Nitin Sawhney--Sunset
Herbie Hancock--the Thief


Love and Joy this Holiday.
Stu


next DJ session is January 1 at 8:00 P.M.
Pressure Cafe, 6318 N. Clark

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I lived in Chicago! Can you get a gig in NYC? Happy Holidays to you and Ceci.

5:39 AM, December 30, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home