Sorry, We're Closed

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

WTF and playlist, 1/1/06

I see the Cubs have signed Marquis F. Grissom to a Triple-A contract and invited him to spring training. They must be getting an AARP discount these days.

Low attendance and feeling like garbage led me to cut short my DJ appearance at Pressure on January 1. Here's what I did play.

David Snell--International Flight
Gimmicks--Ye Me Le
Herbie Hancock--Verushka pt. 1
Traffic--Glad
Machito--Twist Changa Pt. 1
Horace Silver--Song For My Father
Pierre Barouh--Samba Saravah
Astrud Gilberto--So Nice (Summer Samba)
Ramsey Lewis--1,2,3
Jackie Mittoo--Get Up and Get It
Booker T. & the MGs--Groovin'
Desmond Dekker & the Aces--Israelites
Georgie Fame--Beware of the Dog
Little Esther Phillips--Mojo Hannah
Jack McDuff--Walk on By
Tommy James--Baby, Baby (I Can't Take It No More)
Byron & the Mortals--Do You Believe Me?
Byrds--I'll Feel a Whole Lot Better
Bettye Swann--Make Me Yours
Rodd Rogers & the Librettos--The Best Behind the Wheel
Vontastics--Day Tripper
Rosana--El Talisman
Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass--Wade in the Water
Johnny Cash--Get Rhythm
Otis Redding & Carla Thomas--Knock on Wood
Frank Wilson--Do I Love You? (Deed I Do)
Bill Withers--The Same Love That Made Me Laugh
Sade--Feel No Pain (Nellee Hooper Remix)

I'll try again this coming Sunday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home