Sorry, We're Closed

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

What I'm Up To

For the last few days I've been working on an interesting project for the National Hockey League's website, NHL.com. Each year, the league holds an outdoor game (!) on January 1, and this year it's in Chicago. And it'll be held at Wrigley Field.

I'll be writing for the next week or so about the process of turning Wrigley Field into an ice rink...you can catch my newest articles here and here...and, if you like hockey--and, really, who doesn't--be sure to check every day for updates through next Tuesday.

Cheers! G'day.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Stuart,

I'm flying into Chicago just for the Winter Classic, paid a fortune for bleacher seats ... and have yet to see any schedule of events beyond the actual game. Are there going to be any fan events being held in the city that you know of?

FYI: I'm an online sports producer (and sometimes blogger and columnist extraordinare) for a newspaper in Pennsylvania. I'm probably going to be writing something about the experience of actually being at the game and what people might have to look forward to if the Classic ever makes it to PA.

If you can help me out in any way, please let me know. My email address is ssigafoos@mcall.com

Thanks!
Stephanie

4:56 PM, December 20, 2008

 
Blogger Bob Purse said...

I'm interested to watch this game, mostly because I want to see what Wrigley Field looks like with a hockey rink inside it.

But the appeal of Hockey is largely a mystery to me. Don't get me wrong - I understand that there is a real passion for it, and can sort of sense why, I guess.

I mean it's not like Golf, which I'm convinced no one actually likes, but for some reason, large numbers, particularly of older people, feel they have to pretend to like.

But nothing compels me to leave it on, like Baseball, Football, Tennis and Bowling do.

I have a really hard time when there's a football game on Fox and Bowling on ESPN at the same time.

Not that you asked.

Maybe sometime you can explain what makes Hockey so enjoyable. In the meantime, I really do want to see the way this setup works, and am interested in reading about it, too.

7:45 PM, December 21, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home