Sorry, We're Closed

Friday, November 16, 2007

The Churchill Administration

I've been in a real funk lately, personally and professionally, and my posts from the last couple of weeks have certainly reflected that--for which I offer my apologies. So instead of considering politics, war, or corporate greed, let's just hear a song.

The Chicago area Cha Cha record label released 45s through most of the 1960s, some doo-wop, some soul, and a few all-time classic garage-rockers. This song is in none of those categories. It's a simple pop record, likely from between 1966 and 1968, by a group called The Churchill Administration. As far as I can tell, this 45 was their only release, and I have found out nothing about them.

"I Just Met You" is the b-side to "Summer," and I prefer it, though both sides of the disc ring my chimes. From the nasally spoken vocal introduction (which I believe features someone saying, "I don't care, it sounds good!") to the organ solo, the odd chord changes, lilting melody, and chugging tempo, the music has it all covered. The lyrics are both innocent and a little bit suggestive at the same time, a great combination in my book. Just a lovely little song.

Hope you enjoy. Peace.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No need to apologize, baby. Just do your thing.

5:07 PM, November 17, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A peppy little number. Thanks.

And don't forget, the Hungerdungers meet in a week. There's a sustaining thought! :)

9:46 AM, November 20, 2007

 
Anonymous Chula Vista Animal Control said...

Great blog I enjoyeed reading

4:26 AM, July 29, 2022

 

Post a Comment

<< Home