Sorry, We're Closed

Monday, September 24, 2007

Whaaaat?

The strangest baseball fight I've ever seen. Dig this, from the Korean professional league...



What in the world is going on here? Are these guys serious? What's happening? Why are they trying to nuzzle each other? Is this a real fight?

Here's the story. Apparently this was a promotional gimmick whereby several popular Korean actors put on uniforms and acted out a silly idea of a baseball fight. The point was to have the players, instead of beating each other up, enact a grown-up version of a child's game in which kids balance on one leg and try to knock each other over.

I almost liked it better without knowing the real story...but wouldn't it be fun to watch Ray King and Ryan Howard battle it out like this? Or Smokey Burgess and Mickey Lolich?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

After living in Asia for a couple of months now, I find I admire many aspects of the various cultures to which we have been exposed thus far, but much of the time still have the "whaaaat?" reaction. Yesterday I was looking for the new Groove Armada CD at Borders (not many other outlets for music-buying) and found it under "Groove, Amanda". I may have to adopt that as my cyberspace handle.

7:55 PM, September 24, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home