Sorry, We're Closed

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Let Joy be Unrestrained

The Chicago Cubs clinched the NL Central division last night. Their 6-0 victory over the Cincinnati Reds, coupled with the pesky Milwaukee Brewers' 6-3 loss against San Diego, put the Cubs into the post-season for the first time since 2003.

And yet the thing I saw yesterday that made me cry was this video of San Diego mayor Jerry Sanders, a former Police Chief and committed Republican, announcing his support of the city council's vote to allow gay marriage.

Would that even a small minority of our politicians in this country be as honest and dedicated to soul-searching as this man. Mr. Sanders, I salute you. Now pass me the Kleenex.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ann-Marie said...

what terrific news! thanks for posting the clip.

10:36 AM, October 01, 2007

 
Anonymous caroll said...

Stuart
I understand you are looking for a professional indexer. My email is cacasey@bigpond.com. I looked you up in the phone book but it is unlisted. Would love to have a word regardless.

caroll casey
12 conrad st
north ryde 2113
New South Wales
Australia

7:30 PM, March 28, 2009

 

Post a Comment

<< Home