Sorry, We're Closed

Friday, February 11, 2005

Springing

A wonderful reminder this morning. I stepped out the door and into the 25-degree cool, a new skin of snow covering the ground. Amid this calm, a fat robin swooped by, coming to rest under a bush. Just as I was digesting this, a male cardinal began to sing his "what cheer-cheer-cheer" from a bare tree across the street. As I listened to him stake out his territory for the coming months, a purple finch began to call in the distance. And the thought burned through me--spring isn't coming. It's already here.

Form in Void
The tree is stripped,
All color, fragrance gone,
Yet already on the bough,
Uncaring spring!
--Ikkyu

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sun is shining in Boston today, it's around 40 degrees, and here I'm thinking of a huge truck full of gear that left Fenway yesterday, on it's way to Florida.

SPRING!!! :)

-Amy

2:13 PM, February 12, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home