Sorry, We're Closed

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

This summer

This was the summer I realized that you could get the shit beaten out of you but sometimes still be full of shit.

This was the summer I appeared in an HBO film.

This was the summer I confronted my own mortality.

This was the summer I played rock & roll outside for two hours at a block party on a 100-degree afternoon.

This was the summer my brother got married.

This was the summer I DJed at Delilah's, Subterranean, and with Carlos one awesome night in June.

This was the summer of new friends.

This was the summer of sacred fire, yoga on the beach, research, mod nights, and late-night walks in the neighborhood.

This was the summer I got some exciting new work deals.

This was the summer of mono mixes and old 45s.

This was the summer I got so angry at the President that I wanted to kill him.

This was the summer of Mark's surgery, Ted's operation, Bonnie's accident, Sara's giving birth, our dads turning 73, and Ava's turning two.

This was the summer Ceci and I began redecorating our home.

This was the summer that I felt that nothing important was happening.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you have a little perspective now. This was the summer (I hope) that I heard AMerica wake up out of its collective daydream.

Good to see ya post.

9:28 AM, September 21, 2006

 
Blogger Stuart Shea said...

Frank, you're sick.

10:11 AM, October 02, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home